Alma is a talented young woman with an ethereal voice. A pianist and singer-songwriter, she presents her single Requiem in the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest.
Digital platforms named her one of the most promising emerging artists of 2017. Alma is a stellar, talented young woman, pianist, singer and songwriter with a unique and ethereal voice. She presents her new single Requiem which reveals her quest for never ending love, with poetic and dreamlike lyrics.
It was when Alma started to live abroad that she wrote her first songs while pursuing her studies. After getting her business school degree, she devoted herself to her lifelong passion: music. She moved to Paris and embarked on "the most beautiful journey of all", that's when she met Nazim (Khaled), the talented songwriter who also wrote J'ai Cherché for Amir last year, with whom she wrote most of the songs on her first album which will be released on 5th May 2017.
Alma sings about life, her life, our life. While she deals with universal themes such as love and death, Alma brings her own very personal approach. She performs a deft balancing act, singing on the edge between two worlds, reconciling the world of dreams with stark reality.
Things to know about Alma
What are the three most interesting aspects about your entry?
- Requiem is a modern song with an upbeat tempo which makes me happy when I hear it!
- I like the contrast between the title and the positive message of my song. I strongly believe that love helps you overcome any difficult situation.
- We decided to add English to the original version in order to reach a larger audience, I hope that if people can understand a part of the song they are more likely to like it!
What are the three most impressive facts about you?
- I speak four languages thanks to the different countries i lived in: United States, Italy, Brazil, Belgium and France, my native country!
- Five years ago I was in a business school and now I'm representing France in Eurovision!
- I have 3 sisters! Amir is my mentor!
Do you have a (lucky) routine before you go on stage?
I usually ask to be left alone and I breathe deeply. Then I randomly hug people: I need to receive a "love dose" right before I go on stage!
Why is the Eurovision Song Contest important for you?
Eurovision is a one-of-a-kind show. It breaks boundaries between countries and brings people together. The competition becomes secondary compared to the power of gathering such a big audience together. It's a blessing for me to spread a message of fraternity and take part in one fo the biggest TV shows in the world!