Portugal decided: Filipa Azevedo to Oslo!
After an online quarter-final, two televised semi-finals and a national final that just finished, Portugal has selected their entry for the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest: it's Filipa Azevedo with the song Há Dias Assim!!
It was an exciting evening in the cheerful Campo Pequeno in Lisbon where the final of Festival da Canção took place with Silvia Alberto as the presenter. She introduced the 12 competing songs before the winner was decided by a mixture of regional juries and televoting on a 50/50 basis (in order of appearance, winner in bold):
- Filipa Galvão Telles - O Amor Não Sabe
- Banda Trocopasso - O Mundo De Pernas Para O Ar
- Jorge Guerreiro - Ai Lisboa
- Ricardo Martins - Caminheiro De Mim
- The Agency - É Assim Que As Coisas São
- Seis Po' Meia Dúzia - Pássaro Saudade
- Nuno Pinto - Fogo Lento
- Catarina Pereira - Canta Por Mim
- Filipa Azevedo - Há Dias Assim
- Gonçalo Tavares - Rios
- Vanessa - Alvorada
- Rui Nova - Uma Canção À Cid (O Sol E As Estrelas)
The televoting awarded its maximum points to Catarina Pereira who finished second when the jury votes were added. So it's the eventual winner of the online voting, Filipa Azevedo, with the song Há Dias Assim (There Are Days Like This) who will wave the Portugese flag in Oslo. The song is written by the journalist Augusto Madureira.
Portugal will participate in the first semifinal of the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest to take place on Tuesday 25th of May in Oslo. In 2009 they qualified for the Final of Europe's favourite TV show with Flor-de-lis and Todas As Ruas Do Amor which took them to a 15th place.