Russia: Not lost and not forgotten
Russia has decided and a dream came true for Peter Nalitch and his music group! They have convinced the whole Russian nation and a professional jury of their exciting entry. The viewers of the three-hour thrilling live show from Moscow just can't get that original ballade Lost And Forgotten out of their heads. Peter Nalitch will represent Russia at the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest.
Tonight, the Russian national final has been shown by the local broadcaster RTR. Alexander Rybak, the winner of the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest, started the musical show in Moscow with his winning entry, Fairytale. Afterwards all 25 participants of tonight's event were announced. The public could start casting their votes after the first entry has been performed, and the voting window closed 30 minutes after the last song has been performed. The entries were sung in different languages: Russian, English, Italian, French and Udmurt.
The TV viewers could follow the hard competition between 25 singers. Together with a five-member professional jury, they gave the ticket to the strongest singer. It is the music group of Peter Nalitch with their song Lost And Forgotten!
Here is the running order of the 25 participants in the Russian national final tonight (the winner in bold):
1. Group 'Princessa Avenue' - 7,2 points
2. Jay Stever - 3,9 points
3. Ana - 10,1 points
4. Miusha - 3,4 points
5. Duet 'Para-bellum'- 8,6 points
6. Pyotr Suhov - 1,6 points
7. Oleg Bezinskih - 16, 1 points
8. Natalia Terekhova - 6, 3 points
9. Group 'Jet Kids' - 11,8 points
10. Pavla - 10, 9 points
11. Ekaterina Frolova - 4,4 points
12. Ed Shulzhevskiy - 8,2 points
13. Music group of Peter Nalitch - 20,9 points
14. Group 'Buranovskiye babushki' - 12,9 points
15. Alexander Panaiotov - 10,6 points
16. Group 'Nano' - 5,1 points
17. Natalia Damas and group 'L'brand' - 9,2 points
18. Alena Roxis - 2 points
19. Antonello Carozza - 9,4 points
20. Polina Kozhikova - 5,8 points
21. Group 'Los Devchatos' - 7,5 points
22. Yulika - 6,6 points
23. Elena Esenina - 7,9 points
24. Group 'Alaska' - 2,9
25. Group 'Scenakardia' - 6,9
The winner of the 2008 Song Contest, Dima Bilan, came to support the competitors in the national final this year. He sang his winning entry Believe. Another guest of tonight's musical event was Katya Ryabova, the participant of 2009 Junior Eurovision Song Contest.
If you have missed the show, or just want to see it again, you can do so in our ESCTV Player.
Russia will participate in the First Semi-Final of the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest on the 25th of May.
Last year Russia finished 11th it the 54th Eurovision Song Contest. The entry, Mamo, was performed by Anastasia Prikhodko.