New names in Sweden
Just like last week, Swedish television SVT announced several new artists which will participate in Melodifestivalen 2009, the Swedish national final for the Eurovision Song Contest. Today, SVT announced 7 new names which brings the total of known names to 17 now.
The seven artists announced today were the following:
- H.E.A.T will sing 1000 Miles
- Jonathan Fagerlund will sing Welcome To My Life
- Maja Gullstrand will sing Här För Mig Själv
- Mikael Rickfors will sing Du Vinner Över Mig
- Molly Sandén will sing Så Vill Stjärnorna
- Next 3 will sing Esta Noche
- Rigo & The Topaz Sound feat. Red Fox will sing I Got U
None of these seven artists have competed in Melodifestivalen before, but Molly Sandén has represented Sweden in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2006 where she reached the third place, Sweden's best ever placing in that competition. On Saturday, SVT had already announced in their show Dansbandskampen that The Scotts would be offered the song Jag Tror På Oss written by the veterans Lars "Dille" Diedricson and Ingela "Pling" Forsman.