How's Alexander's 'fairytale' going?
Have you been wondering what the winner of the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest, Alexander Rybak is doing? Have you heard something about his concerts but have no information? We'll do our best to help you.
Alexander's been very busy since winning Europe's favourite TV-show on 16th of May in Moscow. He's been giving concerts all over Europe and participating in various events. Meanwhile, he's also been doing very well in charts all over Europe. Read more about that in our article about Fairytale becoming the third most single in Europe.
"Yesterday we had a concert in Steinkjer, Norway. Today we have a concert in Belarus, so we take the plane back to Steinkjer for another concert on Saturday night," he gave an example of his busy schedule on the 10th of July.
If you haven't seen him yet performing live, then you can do that in the upcoming months in Norway. His Norwegian tour includes a total of eighteen concerts by the end of September. You can find the full list below.
- 18 July at Tydalsfestivalen in Tydal
- 26 July at Middelalderfestivalen in Numedal
- 31 July at Skifestivalen Blink in Stavanger
- 1 August at Engerdalsdagene in Engerdal
- 2 August at Olavsfestdagene in Trondheim
- 9 August at Rennebumartnan in Berkåk
- 11 August at Operaen in Oslo
- 13 August at Kraftfestivalen in Askim
- 14 August at CSSC in Kristiansand
- 15 August at Kvemmadokkje in Ulvik
- 20 August at Oslo Kammermusikkfestival
- 21 August at Fjæreheia in Grimstad
- 27 August at Rådhusplassen in Haugesund
- 28 August at Døgnvillfestivalen in Tromsø
- 4 September at Tevneplassen in Skien
- 6 September at Familiehelga in Trysil
- 18 September at Gjøvik Marken in Gjøvik
- 26 September at Romdalsmartnan in Åndalsnes
He also scheduled four concerts in Sweden for October. Namely, he'll have his first concert there on the 19th of October in Stockholm Circus arena. This is followed by concerts in Jönköping's Elmia (21st of October), Malmö's Baltic Hall (24th of October) and on the 25th of October in Gothenburg's Lisebergshallen.
Trivia about Alexander
Alexander also replied some questions about himself, asked by his numerous fans. So, did you know he's 183 cm tall and weighs 70 kg (on a good day, he says)? Besides that, his eye color is brown and star sign Taurus. What does he like to do in his spare time? He loves video games and windsurfing. You thought his special ritual would be playing the violin or something similar? No! It's kissing people on the cheek.
He prefers Thai food, black as a color and considers Simon Cowell to be his idol. And finally, his favourite song is not Fairytale but Holly Dolly Song!
Alexander Rybak won the 54th Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow with a all-time record of 387 points with Fairytale. The 55th edition of Europe's favouritw TV-show will thus be held in Oslo, Norway on the 25th, 27th and 29th of May 2010.