It's Pasha Parfeny for Moldova!
In a long and exciting show, the Moldovan representative for the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest has been chosen tonight. A 50/50 combination of the televoting public and an expert jury decided that the winner of the national final should be Pasha Parfeny!
No less than 21 acts were fighting for the ticket to Baku tonight, with all kinds of musical styles being represented, from ethno-pop to ballads, from rock to euro-dance.
The show was broadcast live from Studio 2 of the national public broadcaster, TRM. This was the line-up of the national final (in order of appearance, winner in bold):
- Ruslan Taranu - Blanche (0 points)
- Irina Tarasiuc & MC Gootsa - Save A Little Sunshine (8 points - 6th)
- Pasha Parfeny - Lăutar (22 points - 1st)
- Alexandru Manciu - If You Leave (5 points - 10th)
- Paralela 47 - Arde (0 points)
- Ksenya Nikora - You Better Rush (0 points)
- Leria - A Ray Of Sun (0 points)
- Cristina Croitoru - Fight For Love (16 points - 2nd)
- Mariana Mihăilă - Live On Forever (2 points -12th)
- MC Mike & Human Place - Moll Girl (0 points)
- Nicoleta Gavrilita - Crazy Little Thing (6 points - 8th)
- Geta Burlacu - Never Ever Stop (7 points - 7th)
- Adrian Ursu - Be Yourself (9 points - 5th)
- Doiniţa Gherman - Welcome To Moldova (1 point - 13th)
- M-Studio - Open Your Eyes (0 points)
- Anna Gulko - Ballad Of Love (0 points)
- Transbalkanica - Balkan Riders (14 points - 4th)
- Dara - Open Your Eyes (15 points - 3rd)
- Univox - Moody Numbers (5 points - 10th)
- Akord - Live The Show (6 points - 8th)
- INAYA - Lights (0 points)
Initially, 20 candidates were chosen by a jury out of all entries received during the open submission period. Nelly Ciobanu later withdrew, so that the runner-up, Akord, took her place with their song Live The Show. Mariana Mihăilă was the winner of a web-voting involving all non-qualifying entries, thus joining the line-up as the 21st entrant.
In the end, Pasha Parfeny was the joint winner of the voting, which consisted of a 50/50 combination of televoting and the verdict of an expert jury. He will sing Lăutar in the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest.
Did you miss the show? Then look no further - you can watch it again on-demand in our WebTV Player!