Ishtar for Belgium to Belgrade!
It is only the third time in the history of the song contest that a song is being sung in an invented language. The first was Urban Trad's Sanomi which also came from Belgium and which reached the second place at the 2003 Eurovision Song Contest. Treble's Amambanda in 2006, representing the Netherlands, didn't qualify for the Final with their imaginairy language. It's certainly not a guarantee for success...
Bart Peeters presented five songs in the VRT studios in Brussels tonight which had qualified after several qualification heats since the end of January. A wide range of musical styles was covered with those five songs: from ballad via pop to rock, Belgian TV viewers could choose their favourite song!
- Brahim - What I Like About You - 4th
- Paranoiacs - Shout It Out - 3rd
- Nelson - When I Can't Find My Love - 5th
- Sandrine - I Feel The Same Way - 2nd
- Ishtar - O Julissi Na Jalini - Winner