The First Semi-Final From Malmö
The First Semi-Final of the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest has been broadcast live from the Malmö Arena, Sweden, from 21:00 to 23:00 CET on May 14th. Watch it again on demand here on Eurovision.tv!
Tonight, the First Semi-Final of the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest will be broadcast LIVE from the Malmö Arena in Sweden, where 16 countries will compete for 10 places in the Grand Final.
The broadcast will be hosted by Pedra Mede who is eager to welcome the millions of viewers to Malmö for tonight's show!
The 16 acts competing in the First Semi-Final of the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest in order of appearance are:
- Austria: Natália Kelly - Shine
- Estonia: Birgit - Et Uus Saaks Alguse
- Slovenia: Hannah - Straight Into Love
- Croatia: Klapa s mora - Mižerja
- Denmark: Emmelie de Forest - Only Teardrops
- Russia: Dina Garipova - What If
- Ukraine: Zlata Ognevich - Gravity
- The Netherlands: Anouk - Birds
- Montenegro: Who See - Igranka
- Lithuania: Andrius Pojavis - Something
- Belarus: Alyona Lanskaya - Solayoh
- Moldova: Aliona Moon - O Mie
- Ireland: Ryan Dolan - Only Love Survives
- Cyprus: Despina Olympiou - An Me Thimasai
- Belgium: Roberto Bellarosa - Love Kills
- Serbia: Moje 3 - Ljubav Je Svuda
You can find more information about tonight's participants on our event page for the First Semi-Final.
Of the 16 entries, 10 will qualify to the Grand Final of the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest, which takes place on Saturday the 18th of May. The result will be determined by way of a 50/50 split between national expert juries and televoting. The combined scores will create the final outcome.
In yesterday's Jury Semi-Final, the expert juries already determined their votes by watching the live performances. These results have however not been revealed. The televoting will take place during the live show once the final performance has taken place.
The viewers of the 16 competing nations as well as the viewers watching in Sweden, Italy and United Kingdom will have the opportunity to televote for their favourite song with the numbers being revealed by their respective national broadcaster during the live show.
Once the televotes have been collected, these will be combined with the jury votes and centrally added up. The countries successful in qualifying for the final will then be announced in random order with the opening of virtual envelopes on screen.
Remember that you can watch the First Semi-Final LIVE right here on Eurovision.tv via our ESCTV player, streaming Europe's Favourite TV Show right to your computer.