Thea Garrett takes the Maltese ticket to Oslo!
Thea Garrett has won the Go Malta Eurosong 2010 with the song My Dream, and will go on to represent Malta in the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest in Oslo.
Tonights show was streamed live here on Eurovision.tv. The proceedings were opened by Chiara who performed a dance version of her 2009 Eurovision Song Contest entry What If We. Presenters Keith Demicoli and Pauline Agius then took to stage and introduced the format of the show. A third presenter, Owen Bonnici presented backstage reports and humorous links from the green room.
Before each entry, there were postcards shown where the respective artists explained the concept of their songs. The running order for the show was as follows :-
- Dorothy Bezzina - Moments
- Foxy Federation - Fired Up
- Lawrence Gray - Stories
- Eleanor Spiteri - Velvet Ocean
- Claudia Faniello - Samsara
- Thea Garrett - My Dream
- Priscilla & Kurt - Waterfall
- Nadine Axisa & Clifford Galea - Once In A Lifetime
- Glen Vella - Just A Little More Love
- Audrey Marie Bartolo - Good Intentions
- Klinsmann - Her Name Was Anne
- Claire Galea - Ole Satchmo Blues
- Wayne Micallef - Save A Life
- Petra Zammit - All I Need
- Ryan Dale & Duminka - One 4 You
- Eleanor Cassar - Choices
- Silverclash - Broken
- Tiziana Calleja - Words Are Not Enough
- Ruth Portelli - Three Little Words
- Pamela - Hold On
Following the competitors performances there was a lengthy interval act which included a number of artists and bands performing. Firstly a band called Chasing Pandora performed two songs. They were followed by 1992 Maltese entrant Mary Spiteri who sang her Eurovision Song Contest entry Little Child and another song.
Winter Moods then performed and Armenia's 2008 representative Sirusho sang Qele Qele, her successful entry from the Belgrade edition of Europe's Favourite TV Show . Chiara rounded off the interval act by singing her 2005 entry Angel.
The voting was split 50/50 between International juries and televoting this year. The five jury spokespersons announced their votes one by one, followed by the televoting. The results were announced.
Thea Garrett was a clear winner from Glen Vella in second place and Tiziana Calleja in third.
Malta will participate in the second half of the First Semi Final of the Eurovision Song Contest on Tuesday 25th May in Oslo.