Romania sets its hopes on Paula & Ovi
After an exciting national final tonight, the Romanian nation has found its representative for the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest: Paula Seling & Ovi who will perform their song Playing With Fire in the second Semi-Final on May 27th. The song was chosen by a mixture of jury- and televote, and Playing With Fire got the maximum points from both.
Several regional juries around the country, a central jury in Bucharest and the televoters at home could cast their votes tonight in the Romanian final. It was the first time in years that the country didn't use semi-finals, but concentrated on a sole final this year. The event was held at the Globus Circus Arena in Bucharest and was hosted by Horia Brenciu & Valentina Pelinel with help from Gianina Corondan from the Green Room.
The line-up tonight looked like this (winner in bold):
- Razvan Krivach - Jack Pott
- Luminita Anghel, Tony Tomas & Adrian Piper - Save Their Lives
- Paula Seling & Ovi - Playing With Fire
- Dalma - I'm Running
- Alexandra Ungureanu - Crazy
- Pasager - Running Out Of Time
- Lora & Sonny Flame - Come along
- Hotel FM - Come As One
- Zero - Lay Me Down
- Lucia Dumitrescu - See You In Heaven Michael
- Paula Seling & Kamara - It's Not Too Late
- Lulu & The Puppets - Searching For Perfect Emotion
- Anda Adam & Conect-R - Surrender
- Tina G. - Love Is War
- Alexa - Baby
- Cătălin Josan - Around Around
Romania has been participating in the Eurovision Song Contest since 1994 and the country has achieved its best result in the 2005 edition of Europe's favourite TV show when Luminita Anghel & Sistem came 3rd with Let Me Try. In 2009, Romania reached the Final of the Eurovision Song Contest, finishing 19th on the big night, with Elena and The Balkan Girls.