First Melodifestivalen 2013 artists announced
A press conference hosted by the Swedish Broadcaster, SVT, just took place in Stockholm today to introduce the artists that will take part in the first two semi-finals of their popular national selection Melodifestivalen in 2013 in Karlskrona and Gothenburg. The titles and composers of their songs were also revealed.
The list this year includes some familiar names, as usual, but also many debutants in the competition. Some of them are experienced artists but also a few newcomers are in the list.
The line-up, in alphabetical order of title, for the first semi-final which will take place on the 2nd of February in Karlskrona looks like this (composers & authors in brackets):
- Cookies N Beans - Burning Flags (Fredrik Kempe)
- Marie N'Diaye - Gosa (Johan Åsgärde, Mattias Frändå & Mary N’diaye)
- YOHIO - Heartbreak Hotel (Johan Fransson, Tobias Lundgren, Tim Larsson, Henrik Göranson, YOHIO)
- Jay-Jay Johanson - Paris (Jay-Jay Johanson)
- Anna Järvinen - Porslin (Björn Olsson, Martin Elisson)
- David Lindgren - Skyline (Fernando Fuentes, Henrik Nordenback, Christian Fast)
- Eric Gadd - Vi Kommer Aldrig Att Förlora (Eric Gadd, Thomas Stenström, Jacob Olofsson)
- Michael Feiner & Caisa - We’re Still Kids (Michael Feiner, Caisa Ahlroth)
The second semi-final will take place on the 9th of February in Gothenburg and will feature the following line-up:
- Joacim Cans - Annelie (Joacim Cans)
- Anton Ewald - Begging (Fredrik Kempe, Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad)
- Sean Banan - Copacabanana (Sean Banan, Ola Lindholm, Hans Blomberg, Joakim Larsson)
- Rikard Wolff - En Förlorad Sommar (Tomas Andersson Wij)
- Erik Segerstedt & Tone Damli - Hello Goodbye (Robin Fredriksson, Mattias Larsson, Måns Zelmerlöw)
- Felicia Olsson - Make Me No 1 (Amir Aly, Henrik Wikström, Ingela Pling Forsman, Maria Haukaas Mittet)
- Pernilla Wahlgren, Hanna Hedlund & Jenny Silver - On Top Of The World (Peter Boström, Thomas G:son)
- Louise Hoffsten - Only The Dead Fish Follow The Stream (Louise Hoffsten, Sandra Bjurman, Stefan Örn)
Cookies N Beans took part in 2009 with the song What If. The composer of their song, Fredrik Kempe has won Melodifestivalen (MF) in 2008, 2009 and 2011. Porslin was retired from the competition last year, but Anna Järvinen brings it back this time. David Lindgren made his MF debut last year placing 3rd with Shout It Out. Michael Feiner is one half of The Attic, which participated in 2007 and are also the authors of the MF signature theme.
Anton Ewald has been a backing singer and dancer in Melodifestivalen before with next year's host Danny Saucedo and with Andreas Lundstedt. Sean Banan took part last year narrowly missing the final. Erik Segerstedt is the "E" in E.M.D. who came third in MF 2009 with Baby Goodbye and will duet with Norwegian popstar Tone Damli who came second in MGP 2009 in her native Norway only behind Eurovision Song Contest winner Alexander Rybak.
Felicia Olsson's track is written by veterans Henrik Wikström and Ingela "Pling" Forsman and also by the 2008 Norwegian performer at the Eurovision Song Contest, Maria Haukaas. A special trio comprising three veterans of MF: Pernilla Wahlgren, Hanna Hedlund and Jenny Silver will perform On Top Of The World, by the authors of Euphoria. Composers Sandra Bjurman and Stefan Örn also won the Eurovision Song Contest in 2011 with Running Scared as well as wrote Azerbaijan's entries in 2010 and 2012.
As the winner in 2012, Sweden organizes the Eurovision Song Contest next May in Malmö, but before they will pick their own entry through the popular Melodifestivalen.