The following acts have qualified for the semi-final stage in tonight's second quarter final of A Dal 2016:
- Kállay Saunders Band
- Gergő Oláh
- André Vásáry
- Laci Gáspár
- Karmapolis & Böbe Szécsi
- Passed (Televoting choice)
This was the line-up of tonight's show (jury points in brackets, qualifiers in bold):
- Passed – Driftin' (34 points)
- Group'N'Swing – Szeretni fáj (31 points)
- Anna Patai – Colors (32 points)
- Maszkura és a Tücsökraj & Sika Finuccsi – Kinek sírjam (32 points)
- C.E.T. – Free (27 points)
- Gergő Oláh – Győz a jó (39 points)
- Laci Gáspár – Love And Bass (37 points)
- André Vásáry – Why (39 points)
- Karmapolis & Böbe Szécsi – Hold On To (36 points)
- Kállay Saunders Band – Who We Are (41 points)
During the interval of the show, the band Ocho Macho performed together with the rapper Deniz. The band had recently represented Hungary in the Eurosonic Festival in Groningen.
Hungary: Participants of the second heat of A Dal 2016
Csilla Tatár and Levente Harsányi were the presenters of the show. A joint decision of the expert jury, consisting of Zséda, Pierrot, Károly Frenreisz and Miklós Both, and the TV public chose the qualifiers. You can find more detailed information about the voting below.
The Math behind the Voting
The voting procedure is as follows:
- From each heat (quarter final) the jury votes will pick the best 5 acts. After the jury has voted, televoting qualifies 1 more act from the 5 that have not been chosen by the jury.
- In each semi-final, out of 9 respective acts, 3 will first be selected by the jury. Then televoting chooses 1 more act from the 6 that have not been chosen by the jury.
- In the final, out of the 8 acts, the jury will select 4 to go to the super-final, where televoting decides the winner.
Note that in every instance of jury voting, televoting will also make up 20% of the result - the TV viewers are counted like a "fifth juror".
The TV viewers can vote through the app, A Dal website or text messages.