Hungary: Results of the third quarter final
Tonight it was time for the last out of three quarter finals of A Dal 2013, the Hungarian national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest. Six acts have qualified for the two semi-finals, which will both take place next weekend.
Six acts were lucky enough to qualify tonight in the third quarter final of A Dal 2013: Lilla Polyák, Laura Cserpes, and Gigi Radics topped the jury vote and thus went directly to the semi-final. Out of the seven remaining songs, televoting decided three more semi-finalists: Fatima Mohamed, Peti Puskás, and United!
The quarter final was again presented by Gábor Gundel-Takács and Éva Novodomszky, with additional backstage interviews by Márton Buda.
In tonight's quarter final, the jury first picked three qualifiers. Then, the remaining seven songs were evaluated by the TV public by SMS voting, with the top three songs getting the ticket to the semi-finals as well. This is the line-up of tonight's show (in order of appearance, jury scores in brackets, qualifiers in bold):
- Lilla Polyák - Valami más (43 points) - jury choice
- Krisztián Burai - Született szívtörő (36 points)
- Mónika Hoffmann - Hullócsillag (36 points)
- United - Tegnap még más voltál (41 points) - televoting choice
- Laura Cserpes - Élj pont úgy (45 points) - jury choice
- Flash Travel & Péter Újvári - Soha ne add fel az álmaidat (42 points)
- Fatima Mohamed - Nem baj (37 points) - televoting choice
- Bence Brasch - Túl egyszerű (37 points)
- Gigi Radics - Úgy fáj (47 points) - jury choice
- Peter Puskás - Amíg a tűz ég (42 points) - televoting choice
On the upcoming weekend, two national semi-finals will be aired, on February 23rd and 24th - all 18 quarter final qualifiers will have the opportunity to perform again. The line-up of the semi-finals is yet to be announced.
The final of A Dal 2013 will be broadcast on March 2nd. In all shows. A 50/50 combination of televoting of jury votes and televoting will then pick the Hungarian Eurovision entry.