Hungary: Second set of semi-finalists chosen
The second quarter final of the Hungarian national selection A Dal was broadcast live from the MTV studios in Budapest tonight. Six acts have qualified for the semi-final stage according to the joint decision of an expert jury and the TV public.
Tonight's second quarter final of A Dal 2013 was again presented by Gábor Gundel-Takács and Éva Novodomszky, with additional backstage interviews by Márton Buda.
A jury, consisting of Magdi Rúzsa, Philip Rákay, Viktor Rakonczai, Csaba Walkó and Jenő Csiszár both commented and voted on each act right after the performance.
The following ten acts took part (in order of appearance, jury scores in brackets, qualifiers in bold):
- Gáspár Laci & Plastikhead - A szeretet él (44 points) - jury choice
- Odett - Ne engedj el (43 points) - jury choice
- Szabó Ádám - Hadd legyen más! (34 points)
- Völgyesi Gabi - Csak te légy (42 points)
- Éliás Gyula - Mindhalálig várni rád (42 points)
- Rami - Puzzle (27 points)
- Vastag Tamás - Holnaptól (43 points) - televoting choice
- Bye Alex - Kedvesem (Zoohacker RMX) (43 points) - televoting choice
- Janicsák Veca - Új generáció (42 points) - televoting choice
- Kállay Saunders András - My baby (48 points) - jury choice
After all the songs had been performed, Gáspár Laci & Plastikhead and András Kállay Saunders were already known as sure qualifiers for the semi-finals. But there was a tie for the third place in the jury vote, with three songs scoring an equal 43 points. Thus, a tie-break vote was needed, and after a short consultation, the jury chose Odett as the third qualifier.
Then, the televoting lines were opened for the TV public to choose three favourites among the seven remaining acts - additional televoting qualifiers were Tamás Vastag, Veca Janicsák, and Bye Alex!
Tonight's qualifiers will perform again in one of the two national semi-finals, to be held on February 23rd and 24th. The final show of A Dal 2013 will be broadcast on March 2nd.
The second quarter final will be held next Saturday, February 16th, again at 20:15 CET.