Malta: 16 songs progress to the Final
The semi final of the Malta Eurovision Song Contest has taken place this evening, and the original line up of 24 songs has been narrowed down to a final field of 16 through a combination of jury vote and televoting. You can find out which acts have made it through to the final below.
The Malta Eurovision Song Contest 2013 is being held over two evenings at the Malta Fairs and Convention Centre in Ta'Qali.
In the first of two shows, this evening saw a semi final of 24 songs competing for 16 slots in the grand final which takes place tomorrow evening.
Tonight's running order was as follows (Qualifiers in bold):-
- Richard Edwards - Fall Like Rome
- Ylenia - Tides Of Illusion
- Janice Debattista - Perfect Day
- Chris Grech - Never Walk Away
- Marilena - Overrated
- Petra - No One's Home
- Dorothy Bezzina - Starting From The End
- Domenique - Too Little Too Late
- Jessika - Ultraviolet
- Franklin Calleja - Let Your Heart Talk
- Claudia Faniello - When It's Time
- Corazon - My Strange Love
- Kevin Borg - Needing You
- Scar - Superstar
- Melanie Zammit - Loverdose
- Danica Muscat - Fantasy
- Petra & Richard - Wonderful Today
- Deborah C - Love-O-Holic
- Gianni Zammit - Us Against The World
- Raquela - Keep Believing
- Gianluca Bezzina - Tomorrow
- Amber - In Control
- Klinsmann - The Remedy
- Davinia - Betrayed
The draw for the starting positions in tomorrow's final will be decided by the producers and announced in the afternoon. Stay tuned to Eurovision.tv for further coverage from Malta.