Melodifestivalen 2013 starts now!
In a bit less than one hour the 2013 Swedish national selection kicks off. The popular Melodifestivalen holds its first show tonight in Karslkrona in the South of Sweden. This year's host country is looking for a worthy successor to Euphoria, so don't miss their live webcast starting at 20:00 CET.
The first semi-final of Melodifestivalen 2013, the Swedish national selection, takes place tonight in Karlskrona's Telenor Arena. The line-up will be as follows (composers & authors in brackets):
- David Lindgren - Skyline (Fernando Fuentes, Henrik Nordenback, Christian Fast)
- Cookies N Beans - Burning Flags (Fredrik Kempe)
- Jay-Jay Johanson - Paris (Jay-Jay Johanson)
- Marie N'Diaye - Gosa (Johan Åsgärde, Mattias Frändå & Mary N’diaye)
- Eric Gadd - Vi Kommer Aldrig Att Förlora (Eric Gadd, Thomas Stenström, Jacob Olofsson)
- YOHIO - Heartbreak Hotel (Johan Fransson, Tobias Lundgren, Tim Larsson, Henrik Göranson, YOHIO)
- Anna Järvinen - Porslin (Björn Olsson, Martin Elisson)
- Michael Feiner & Caisa - We’re Still Kids (Michael Feiner, Caisa Ahlroth)
David Lindgren made his MF debut last year placing 3rd with Shout It Out. Cookies N Beans took part in 2009 with the song What If while the composer of their song, Fredrik Kempe, has won Melodifestivalen (MF) in 2008, 2009 and 2011. Jay-Jay Johanson enjoys an international career since the late 90s. Porslin was retired from the competition last year, but Anna Järvinen brings it back this time. Michael Feiner is one half of The Attic, which participated in 2007 and are also the authors of the MF signature theme.
Two of the acts tonight will proceed to the Final in the Friend's Arena in Stockholm on the 9th of March, while two others will have a second chance (Andra Chansen) in one month time in Karlstad.