Melodifestivalen 2014 line-up complete in Sweden
Last Tuesday a press conference hosted by the Swedish Broadcaster, SVT, took place in Stockholm to introduce the artists that will take part in the first two semi-finals of their popular national selection Melodifestivalen in 2014 in Malmö and Linköping. Today the rest of the line-up was completed with the artists that will compete in Gothenburg and Örnsköldsvik.
"It's really great that we got here, now is the time to start working for real - with the creation of the show. This year we have two key words in front of us: celebration and hits", says Christer Björkman, executive producer of Melodifestivalen 2014.
Minutes ago the artists of the last two semi-finals have been announced along with the titles of their songs and the names of its composers and authors.
The line-up, in alphabetical order of title, for the third semi-final which will take place on the 15th of February in Gothenburg looks like this:
- State of Drama - All We Are (Göran Werner, Sanken Sandqvist, Emil Gullhamn, Sebastian Hallifax)
- dr. alban & Jessica Folcker - Around The World (dr. alban, Jakke Erixson, Karl-Ola Kjellholm)
- Shirley Clamp - Burning Alive (Bobby Ljunggren, Marcos Ubeda, Sharon Vaughn, Henrik Wikström)
- Ace Wilder - Busy Doin’ Nothin’ (Ace Wilder, Joy Deb, Linnéa Deb)
- Outtrigger - Echo (Joy Deb, Linnéa Deb, Anton Malmberg Hård Af Segerstad, Outtrigger)
- CajsaStina Åkerström - En Enkel Sång (CajsaStina Åkerström)
- EKO - Red (Linnéa Deb, Joy Deb, Anna Lidman, Hannes Lundberg, Michael Ottosson)
- Oscar Zia - Yes We Can (Fredrik Kempe, David Kreuger, Hamed "K-One” Pirouzpanah)
State of Drama reached the finals of Melodifestivalen 2013 with their song Falling. Both dr. alban and Jessica Folcker had international hits in the past and now join forces for this year's Swedish selection, Jessica also participated before. Shirley Clamp entered Melodifestivalen several times reaching 2nd place in 2004. EKO got a wildcard as the winners of Svensktoppen nästa back in August.
The fourth semi-final which will take place on the 22nd of February in Örnsköldsvik looks like this:
- Alcazar - Blame It On The Disco (Fredrik Kempe, David Kreuger, Hamed "K-One” Pirouzpanah)
- Ellinore Holmer - En Himmelsk Sång (Ellinore Holmer, Vanna Rosenberg, Åsa Schmalenbach, Josefina Sanner, Henrik Wikström, Amir Aly)
- I.D.A - Fight Me If You Dare (Albin Nicklasson, Nicklas Laine, Louise Frick Sveen)
- Josef Johansson - Hela Natten (Peter Boström, Thomas G:son, Josef Johansson, Peo Thyrén)
- Janet Leon - Hollow (Karl-Ola Kjellholm, Jimmy Jansson, Louise Winter)
- Anton Ewald - Natural (John Lundvik)
- Ammotrack - Raise Your Hands (Jari Kujansuu, Thomas Johansson, Calle Kindbom, Mikael de Bruin)
- Linda Bengtzing - Ta Mig (Nicke Borg, Jojo Borg Larsson)
Alcazar has come close to winning Melodifestivalen in 2003 and 2005, and its male performer, Andreas Lundstedt, represented Switzerland as part of the group Six4one in 2006. Both Janet Leon and Anton Ewald participated this year while Linda Bengtzing made her debut in the competition in 2005 and came back in 2006, 2008 and 2011.
Previously we announced who will be taking part in the first and second semi-finals. Below you can find a list of the acts for these shows:
Malmö, 1st of February 2014:
- Mahan Moin - Aleo (Mahan Moin, Anderz Wrethov)
- Alvaro Estrella - Bedroom (Jakke Erixson, Jon Bordon, Lauren Francis, Kristofer Östergren)
- Linus Svenning - Bröder (Fredrik Kempe)
- Sylvester Schlegel - Bygdens Son (Sylvester Schlegel)
- Elisa Lindström - Casanova (Ingela "Pling" Forsman, Bobby Ljunggren, Jimmy Jansson)
- Ellen Benediktson - Songbird (Sharon Vaughn, Johan Fransson, Tim Larsson, Tobias Lundgren)
- Helena Paparizou - Survivor (Bobby Ljunggren, Henrik Wikström, Karl-Ola Kjellholm, Sharon Vaughn)
- YOHIO - To The End (Andreas Johnson, Johan Lyander, Peter Kvint, YOHIO)
Linköping, 8th of February 2014:
- Panetoz - Efter Solsken (Johan Hirvi, Mats Lie Skåre, Nebeyu Baheru, Njol Badjie, Pa Modou Badjie)
- Manda - Glow (Joy Deb, Linnéa Deb, Melanie Wehbe, Charlie Mason)
- Pink Pistols - I Am Somebody (Joakim Törnqvist, Nestor Geli, Per Ivar Hed, Susie Päivärinta, Tord Bäckström)
- JEM - Love Trigger (Thomas G:son, Peter Boström, Julimar "J-Son" Santos)
- Martin Stenmarck - När Änglarna Går Hem (Andreas Öhrn, Alexander Bard, Martin Stenmarck, Peter Boström)
- Little Great Things - Set Yourself Free (Charlie Grönvall, Cristoffer Wernqvist, Felix Grönvall, Adam Dahlström)
- The Refreshments - Hallelujah (Joakim Arnell)
- Sanna Nielsen - Undo (Fredrik Kempe, David Kreuger, Hamed "K-One" Pirouzpanah)
Final at the Friends Arena
Once again the massive Friends Arena in Solna just outside Stockholm will play host to the Grand Final of Melodifestivalen 2014. With space for 27,000 people it will be quite a spectacular show on the 8th of March. Before that there will be a Second Chance round, Andra Chansen, on the 1st March 2014 to be held in Lidköping.