Melodifestivalen 2015 line-up complete in Sweden
Yesterday a press conference hosted by the Swedish Broadcaster, SVT, took place in Stockholm to introduce the artists that will take part in the first two semi-finals of their popular national selection Melodifestivalen in 2015 in Gothenburg and Malmö. Today the rest of the line-up was completed with the artists that will compete in Östersund and Örebro.
One of the most popular national finals for the Eurovision Song Contest, the Swedish Melodifestivalen, will take place between February and March next year comprising four semi-finals, a second chance round and the big final in the Friend's Arena in Solna, Stockholm.
Minutes ago the artists competing in the last two semi-finals have been announced along with the titles of their songs and the names of its composers and authors.
The line-up, in alphabetical order of title, for the third semi-final which will take place on the 21st of February in Östersund looks like this (composers & authors in brackets):
- Andreas Weise - Bring Out the Fire (Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad, Henrik Janson, Thomas G:son)
- Isa - Don’t Stop (Isa Tengblad, Johan Ramström, Gustaf Svenungsson, Magnus Wallin, Oscar Merner)
- Kalle Johansson - För din skull (Martin Eriksson, Thomas G:son, Thomas Karlsson)
- Kristin Amparo - I See You (Kristin Amparo, David Kreuger, Fredrik Kempe)
- Ellen Benediktson - Insomnia (Ellen Benediktson, Anderz Wrethov)
- Jon Henrik Fjällgren - Jag är fri (Manne Liem Frije) (Jon Henrik Fjällgren, Erik Holmberg, Tony Malm, Josef Melin)
- Andreas Johnson - Living To Die (Andreas Johnson, Bobby Ljunggren, Karl-Ola Kjellholm)
The line-up, in alphabetical order of title, for the fourth semi-final which will take place on the 28th of February in Örebro looks like this (composers & authors in brackets):
- Caroline Wennergren - Black Swan (Nicklas Eklund, Joel DeLuna, Aimee Bobruk)
- JTR - Building It Up (JTR, Erik Lewander, Iggy Strange Dahl)
- Midnight Boy - Don’t Say No (Johan Krafman, Kristofer Östergren, Olle Blomström)
- Annika Herlitz - Ett andetag (Amir Aly, Maciel Numhauser, Robin Abrahamsson, Sharon Dyall, Sharon Vaughn)
- Hasse Andersson - Guld och gröna skogar (Anderz Wrethov)
- Måns Zelmerlöw - Heroes (Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad, Joy Deb, Linnea Deb)
- Dinah Nah - Make Me (La La La) (Dinah Nah, dr alban, Jakke Erixson, Karl-Ola Kjellholm)
In the third semi-final Ellen Benediktson and Andreas Johnson took part before: Ellen last year and Andreas will make his 6th appearance and try to win Melodifestivalen for the first time.
Andreas Weise is a singer, songwriter and entertainer who took part in Idol in 2010 and in Let's Dance.
Jon Henrik Fjällgren is a singer and jojkare -performer of Joik Sami songs- and winner of the Talang Sverige 2014 competition.
Colombian-born Kristin Amparo is a Swedish singer who took part in the X Factor and scored a big hit with Albin (Din soldat). Kalle Johansson is this year's winner of Svensktoppen nästa which guarantees a place in Melodifestivalen. Isa (Tengblad) is a 16-year-old multi talented artist, street dancer and songwriter from Stockholm.
In the fourth semi-final we have previous competitors like Caroline Wennergren (2005) and Måns Zelmerlöw (pictured above) in 2007, 2009 and co-presenter in 2010.
Hasse Andersson is a country singer and songwriter who scored successes in Sweden in the 80s. Annika Herlitz is a musical artist and voice actress; she performed the role of Elsa in the Swedish version of Disney's Frozen.
Midnight Boy is an 80's inspired synthpop artist. JTR are John, Tom and Robin: a boyband of singers, songwriters and brothers who took part on X Factor. Dinah Nah is a Singer/Songwriter of several styles: RnB, Hip Hop, House and Urban Europop.
90s star dr.Alban is back in the competition, this time as a composer only.