Second Semi-Final: We have our ten qualifiers
Tonight is the second live show of this years Eurovision Song Contest. 18 countries will fight it out for the remaining ten places in Saturday's final. Eurovision.tv will report the qualifiers for you as soon as they are announced. Remember that you can watch the Second Semi-Final LIVE right here on Eurovision.tv via our ESCTV player, streaming Europe's Favourite TV Show right to your computer. The ten winners were revealed one by one at the end of the show.
We have our ten winners:
The ten countries were revealed in the following order;
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- FYR Macedonia
Before the show
The excitement was building up both outside and inside the arena prior the Second Semi-Final, as the clock approached midnight local time in Baku.
The hosts of the show are Nargiz Birk-Petersen, Eldar Gasimov who won the Eurovision last year as part of Ell/Nikki and Leyla Alieva who are all eager to welcome the millions of viewers to Baku for tonight's show!
The eighteen acts competing in the Second Semi-Final of the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest are:
- Serbia: Nije Ljubav Stvar sung by Željko Joksimović
- FYR Macedonia: Crno E Belo sung by Kaliopi
- The Netherlands: You And Me sung by Joan Franka
- Malta: This Is The Night sung by Kurt Calleja
- Belarus: We Are The Heroes sung by Litesound
- Portugal: Vida Minha sung by Filipa Sousa
- Ukraine: Be My Guest sung by Gaitana
- Bulgaria: Love Unlimited sung by Sofi Marinova
- Slovenia: Verjamem sung by Eva Boto
- Croatia: Nebo sung by Nina Badrić
- Sweden: Euphoria sung by Loreen
- Georgia: I'm A Joker sung by Anri Jokhadze
- Turkey: Love Me Back sung by Can Bonomo
- Estonia: Kuula sung by Ott Lepland
- Slovakia: Don't Close Your Eyes sung by Max Jason Mai
- Norway: Stay sung by Tooji
- Bosnia & Herzegovina: Korake Ti Znam sung by Maya Sar
- Lithuania: Love Is Blind sung by Donny Montell
A tour around Azerbaijan
The postcards in between the performances portray Azerbaijan from many different perspectives.Prior to each song the lights on the Crystal Hall change to the colours of the flag of the country that follows.
After all of the contestants have performed. The 18 countries will televote, as well as viewers in France, Germany and the United Kingdom. The votes from the professional jury will then be combined with the televote which will then determine the 10 songs to qualify.
Five previous winners
The interval act comprises the last five winners of the Eurovision Song Contest, namely Marija Šerifović, Dima Bilan, Alexander Rybak, Lena, and Ell & Nikki. Each of them accompanied by traditional Azeri instruments - a tar, a kemancha, a naghara, a saz, and a balaban. The five acts team up to sing Waterloo together, the song which brought the victory to Sweden's legendary ABBA in 1974.
Watch the whole show via our ESCTV player, We will post the results of the ten qualifiers as soon as they are announced.