Serbian entry to be chosen in Beosong 2013
Serbian broadcaster RTS has this evening revealed that the Serbian entry for the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest will be chosen in the open competition Beosong 2013.
For 2013, RTS has decided that the best option for selection would be an open competition, where the Serbian public get to decide who should represent them in Malmö. The official call for entries will begin on 1st December via the national press and radio. This window of opportunity for submitting songs will close on 20th January.
Semi final and final to be held in March
Executive Director for Beosong 2013 Duška Vučinić summarises the main concept behind the competition:-
- The open competition will begin on 1st December where entries are called for
- When this period ends, a maximum of 15 songs will be chosen to progress to the semi final
- Beosong 2013 will be a two day show in March, with a semi final and final on consecutive evenings
- During the semi final, five finalists will be chosen from the 15 qualifiers by SMS vote in Serbia
- The winner of the live final will represent Serbia in the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest
In 2012 RTS chose Željko Joksimović to represent Serbia in Europe's Favourite TV Show, and he certainly delivered a fine result, taking Nije Ljubav Stvar to third place in the Grand Final in Baku. You can see his performance in the Grand Final below.