Sweden 2013: The Melodifestivalen tour
Swedish Television, SVT, has announced the dates and places that will host the Melodifestivalen tour in 2013. Interestingly the Malmö Arena, home of next year's Eurovision Song Contest, will also be the stage of one of the semi-finals of Melodifestivalen.
In 2013 Sweden has the honour of organizing the Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö and the hard task of finding the successor of Loreen and this year's winner Euphoria through Melodifestivalen, their national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest and the top TV show in the country as well.
For six weeks next winter the Melodifestivalen tour will travel all around Sweden:
- Semi-Final 1: 2nd of February in Karlskrona's Telenor Arena
- Semi-Final 2: the 9th of February in Gothenburg's Scandinavium
- Semi-Final 3: the 16th of February in Skellefteå Kraft Arena
- Semi-Final 4: the 23rd of February in Malmö Arena
- Second Chance round: the 2nd of March in Karlstad's Lofbergslila Arena
- Final: the 9th of March in Stockholm's Friends Arena
According to the Project Manager of Melodifestivalen 2013, Maria Ilstedt "we are very excited about 2013 geographic spread of cities, from Karlskrona in the South to Skellefteå in the North. This places and venues have the capacity and knowledge needed to manage both the arena and television productions for Melodifestivalen. We look forward to work with them and create a party for both the audience attending and the TV viewers".
The 17th of September 2012 is the deadline for the composers and authors of Sweden to upload their audio files on SVT's website.