Sweden: Sanna Nielsen wins Melodifestivalen!
It's been an outstanding Melodifestivalen tour around Sweden arriving to the capital, Stockholm, tonight for the final of the Swedish national selection of the Eurovision Song Contest. Ten acts gave their all to win the votes of the international juries and the people of Sweden, but the one that manage to get the highest number of points, and go to Copenhagen, is Sanna Nielsen with the song Undo.
After four semi-finals, a second chance round and tonight's final, Melodifestivalen 2014 is over. For the past 6 weeks 32 acts have been fighting for the honour of representing Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest.
But it was all down to the votes of the 11 international jury groups, which accounted for 50% of the total result, and the telephone votes of the Swedish audience, accounting for the remaining 50%. In the end they decided that Sanna Nielsen will represent Sweden in Copenhagen with the song Undo.
This is the order of appearance in which the artists participated tonight:
- Anton Ewald - Natural (John Lundvik)
- Ellen Benediktson - Songbird (Sharon Vaughn, Johan Fransson, Tim Larsson, Tobias Lundgren)
- Alcazar - Blame It On The Disco (Fredrik Kempe, David Kreuger, Hamed "K-One” Pirouzpanah)
- Oscar Zia - Yes We Can (Fredrik Kempe, David Kreuger, Hamed "K-One” Pirouzpanah)
- Linus Svenning - Bröder (Fredrik Kempe)
- Helena Paparizou - Survivor (Bobby Ljunggren, Henrik Wikström, Karl-Ola Kjellholm, Sharon Vaughn)
- YOHIO - To The End (Andreas Johnson, Johan Lyander, Peter Kvint, YOHIO)
- Sanna Nielsen - Undo (Fredrik Kempe, David Kreuger, Hamed "K-One" Pirouzpanah)
- Panetoz - Efter Solsken (Johan Hirvi, Mats Lie Skåre, Nebeyu Baheru, Njol Badjie, Pa Modou Badjie)
- Ace Wilder - Busy Doin' Nothing (Ace Wilder, Joy Deb, Linnéa Deb)
The Swedish broadcaster SVT offered yet another top entertainment show which, besides the contestants, offered other guest performances from Swedish Eurovision Song Contest singers, like that the 1999 Eurovision winner Charlotte (Nilsson) Perrelli and an interval act dedicated to another Eurovision winner from Sweden: Waterloo by ABBA that won the contest 40 years ago.
After the international juries gave their points the top 3 looked like this:
- Ace Wilder - Busy Doin' Nothing 97 points
- Sanna Nielsen - Undo 90 points
- Alcazar - Blame It On The Disco 62 points
Then the Swedish public gave their results
- Sanna Nielsen - Undo 122 points (Total 212 points)
- Ace Wilder - Busy Doin' Nothing 113 points (Total 210 points)
- Alcazar - Blame It On The Disco 48 points (Total 110 points)
Which means Sanna Nielsen is the winner by just 2 points.
The winner of Melodifestivalen 2014 Sanna Nielsen will go on to represent Sweden at the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen, Denmark, in the first Semi-Final on the 6th of May with Undo.