The ten winners from tonight's show
Tonight in the first two hour show of this year’s Eurovision Song Contest, broadcast LIVE from the B&W Hallerne, Copenhagen, 16 countries took part in the First Semi-Final in order to qualify for 10 places available in Saturday's final. We have ten winners, and these are as follows, in the order they were announced.
- San Marino
16 acts were competing in the first Semi-Final of the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest in order of appearance were:
- Armenia: Not Alone sung by Aram MP3
- Latvia: Cake To Bake sung by Aarzemnieki
- Estonia: Amazing sung by Tanja
- Sweden: Undo sung by Sanna Nielsen
- Iceland: No Prejudice sung by Pollapönk
- Albania: One Night's Anger sung by Hersi
- Russia: Shine sung by Tolmachevy Sisters
- Azerbaijan: Start A Fire sung by Dilara Kazimova
- Ukraine: Tick-Tock sung by Mariya Yaremchuk
- Belgium: Mother sung by Axel Hirsoux
- Moldova: Wild Soul sung by Cristina Scarlat
- San Marino: Maybe (Forse) sung by Valentina Monetta
- Portugal: Quero Ser Tua sung by Suzy
- Netherlands: Calm After The Storm sung by The Common Linnets
- Montenegro: Moj Svijet sung by Sergej Ćetković
- Hungary: Running sung by András Kállay-Saunders
First Semi-Final concludes
The first ten finalists (beside those already known, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom and last year’s winning country Denmark), will take part in the Grand Final of the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest, which takes place on Saturday the 10h of May. Another ten finalists will be chosen in the Second Semi-Final on 8th of May.
The result was determined by way of a 50/50 split between national expert juries and televoting. The combined scores created the final outcome. In yesterday's Jury Final, the expert juries already determined their votes for the First Semi-Final by watching the live performances. Televoting took place tonight during the live show.
EBU Executive Supervisor, Jon Ola Sand, said the 59th Eurovision Song Contest promises two more excellent shows. "Tonight's semi-final got the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest off to a flying start, with some wonderful performances from the artists and, of course, world-class TV pictures from Danish EBU Member DR. I'm eager to see the story of this year's contest unfold with the second Semi-Final on Thursday and the Grand Final on Saturday."
If you missed the show, you can still watch it here.