Ukraine chose their 20 finalists
The internal Ukrainian jury made their decision on 20 best applicants who will compete in the national final for the right to represent their country in Copenhagen. The Ukrainian national final will take place on December 21st.
Over 50 applications have been sent to the NTU, the national television broadcaster in Ukraine. Among competitors there were singers who just started their musical career as well as famous names in Ukraine. The expert jury chose 20 most strong entries which will compete for the ticket to represent Ukraine in Denmark. The national Ukrainian final will be held on December 21st.
After the lucky finalists have been announced, they draw by lot the number under which they will perform in the national selection. Here is the list of competitors in the national final:
- Duet Anna-Maria - 5 Stars Hotel
- Roman Polonskij - Wanted Dead Or Alive
- ULI RUD - Tswetok (Flower)
- Marietta - It's My Life
- Stas Shurins - Why
- Anatoli Shparyov - Waiting For You
- Nataliya Valevska - Love Makes You Beautiful
- Lissa Wassabi - No Fear
- Volodymyr Tkachenko - Buty Tam De Ty (To Be Where You Are)
- Shanis - Moya Dusha (My Soul)
- Victoria Petryk - Love Is Lord
- Evgen Litvinkovych - Strelyanaya Ptitsa (Wounded Bird)
- Band NeAngely - Courageous
- Illaria - I’m Alive
- Tetyana Shyrko - Let Go
- Tania BerQ - Believe Me
- Mariya Yaremchuk - Tick-Tock
- Victor Romanchenko - Na Krayu Propasti (On The Brink Of The Abyss)
- Anna Hodorkovska - Yesli Yest Lyubov (If There Is Love)
- Denis Lyubimov - Love
Here you can have a look at some of the finalists in the pre-round.
Professionals with a huge music experience chose these 20 best applicants. The jury consisted of Vladislav Baginskiy, the music producer of NTU, Michail Nekrasov, the famous Ukrainian composer and producer, Zhenya Feshak, the showman and radio host, and Vladimir Kozlov, the program director of RuMusic channal.
"I really liked the level of participants’ preparations for this pre-round. I am convinced that this year we are going to expect a very strong fight in the national final for the right to represent Ukraine in the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest," said Michail Nekrasov.