Update: Meet the Hungarian candidates for Malmö!
The 30 candidates who will fight for the Hungarian ticket to Malmö in the national selection A Dal were announced by the Hungarian public broadcaster MTV today on a press conference. They will compete in three weekly pre-selection heats in February, leading to two semi-finals and the final, to be held on March 2nd.
After the big success of A Dal in 2012, MTV has decided to use the same mode for the 2013 Eurovision selection again. At the same time, the number of shows and selection stages has been increased.
First of all, three pre-selection heats will take place on 2 February, 9 February, and 16 February, with the best acts going forward to the semi-finals, to be held on 23 and 24 February. On 2 March, the act to represent Hungary in Malmö will be chosen in a big national final. The shows will be hosted by a trio of presenters, Gábor Gundel-Takács, Éva Novodomszky, and Márton Buda.
The singers and songs to compete in the three heats have been chosen by a five-member professional jury. This is the full list, as announced on a press conference today:
- Plastikhead feat Gáspár Laci - A szeretet él
- Puskás Peti - Amíg a tűz ég
- Rácz Gergő - Csak állj mellém
- Völgyesi Gabi - Csak te légy
- Laura Cserpes - Élj pont úgy
- Palcsó Tamás - Ezt látnod kell
- Szabó Ádám - Hadd legyen más!
- Vastag Tamás - Holnaptól
- Mónika Hoffmann - Hullócsillag
- Baricz Gergő - Húz
- Mrs Columbo - Játszd újra
- Bye Alex - Kedvesem
- Éliás Gyula - Mindhalálig várni rád
- Kállay Saunders András - My baby
- Odett - Ne engedj el
- Keresztes Ildikó - Nem akarok többé játszani
- Mohamed Fatima - Nem baj
- Background - Neonzöld
- Fehér Zoltán - Nincs baj
- Gyurcsik Tibor - Örök harc
- Rami - Puzzle
- Flash Travel - Soha ne add fel az álmaidat
- Agárdi Szilvi-Pál Dénes - Szíveddel láss
- Burai Krisztián - Született szívtörő
- United - Tegnap még más voltál
- Brasch Bence - Túl egyszerű
- Bogi - Tükörkép
- Radics Gigi - Úgy fáj
- Janicsák Veca - Új generáció
- Polyák Lilla - Valami más
Update: Szirtes Edina Mókus withdrew her entry Ha virág lennék after it became known that it has been performed on concerts prior to 1 September, 2012, thus not complying with the Eurovision Song Contest rules. Her song was replaced by Hullócsillag, to be performed by Mónika Hoffmann.
Update 2: The (hated) Tomorrow had to withdraw their entry Anyáddal because of a too early public performance, too. They were replaced by Odett, who will sing Ne engedj el.
Update 3: Egy Másik Zenekar and their song Katatón dal were also excluded from the show due to early publication. They were replaced by Laura Cserpes and Élj pont úgy.
Just like last year, the voting in the A Dal shows will be a combination of televoting and the verdict of an expert jury. One notable difference compared to the 2012 edition is that all songs have to be performed in the Hungarian language.
In 2012, Compact Disco secured the ticket to the Final of the Eurovision Song Contest with Sound Of Our Hearts, which was sung completely in English.